|Closing date||7 Aug 2020|
|Rate of pay||£8.72|
Personal assistant required to support a visually impaired young lady.
8 hours per week, four hours on a Monday and 4 hours on a Thursday.
Rate of pay; £8.72 per hour. Driver with own car essential.
Personal Assistant to Disabled Employer
Salary £8.72 Per Hour.
Hours 8 per week
I am a totally blind lady, looking to employ someone to support me to fulfil day to day activities and tasks independently. No physical support is needed as I am totally mobile. I just need an extra pair of eyes. You must be friendly, honest, trustworthy, patient and reliable. You must like dogs.
You will be required to do the following tasks and may be asked to carry out other tasks of a similar nature. I will inform you which tasks need carrying out on a particular day.
Housekeeping and gardening
- Making and changing of beds, cleaning of rooms, dusting, laundry and ironing, etc.
- Helping me to keep my garden looking nice and tending to my flowers.
- You would be helping me with shopping and other associated tasks, I would need you to carry bags etc
Preparation and cooking of some meals
- You do not have to be a fantastic cook. You would need to wash up and leave the kitchen clean & tidy afterwards.
- Driver required, you are required to have your car available for every shift, as I will need you to take me shopping, to leisure and social activities, and take me and my dog to the vet etc.
Hobbies and social activities
- Supporting me to continue doing what I enjoy. Obtaining drinks, refreshments, and taking notes etc and with agreement coming with me on occasional visits to friends, family and on holidays (I will meet all agreed expenses).
Other small jobs
- I will need your assistance with any other jobs that will help me remain independent e.g. helping to read and file papers and letters, as well as completing forms. Administration and financial experience would be a plus.
You will need basic maths and literacy knowledge, basic IT skills will also be an advantage. Previous experience of similar work is desirable but not essential, as I will make sure you get the training you need.
You will have both basic cookery and gardening skills and be willing to attend any training needed e.g. first aid, manual handling etc.
You must be able to understand the importance of confidentiality, be patient, calm, be a good communicator and have a good sense of humour.
A good attitude to independence is important to understand a disabled person and their choices
Team work is important as well as being able to work on your own initiative, and have some flexibility to allow for holiday or sickness cover.
You will need to be a car driver/owner and be physically fit enough to undertake any manual handling needed.
About Direct Payments
Direct payments are available from Local Authorities for people who have a care and support plan in place following a social care assessment. An amount of money is allocated to purchase the assistance and care needed to live independently.
I should stress that I will be your employer and have full responsibility for recruitment, contracts, supervision, pay, training etc. A support service assists me in meeting my responsibilities as an employer.
Salary: This is a flat rate of pay that takes account of unsociable hours and weekend working.
Hours: These are the minimally contracted hours. If I require additional support at other times I will try to give as much notice as possible, an ability to be flexible would be an advantage
Reference ID: VM
Part-time hours: 8 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £8.72 /hour