(fixed term contract; possibility that the role may be made permanent)
We currently have a unique opportunity for a self-starting individual to come and join our team in the role of in-house Team Leader. This is an important role within the organisation as SIL is the largest provider of homecare to people with complex needs in Herefordshire. This role will provide support to the Registered Manager and Deputy Manager, reviewing, auditing, monitoring paperwork to maximise the quality and assurance of the delivery of the ILH service.
You will also get to work in an environment that promotes both personal and professional development, supports wellness in the workplace and a good work life balance. Please feel free to visit our social media channels (Facebook and Twitter) and visit the COVID hub on our website to see how we are continuing to support our employees and Service Users through COVID-19.
This role will be part of the ILH office team and will work alongside the Registered Manager and the Deputy Manager to ensure that the regulatory and legal requirements of this service are met. The role encompasses working with other Team Leaders to maximise the efficiency of rota planning, shared responsibility for the Team Leader on call function from Monday to Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm with weekend and evening on call cover on a rota basis. You will be responsible for the delivery of Service Users support plans and the day to day management of support workers. There will be occasional weekend working to meet the needs of service users with direct support hours.
- Experience of working in the Health and Social Care Sector
- Health & Social Care Diploma Level 2 or equivalent
- Commitment to supporting older and disabled people to have more choice and control over their daily lives.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and File Management. Ability to work with spreadsheets and associated graphics
- Experience of rota planning, risk assessments and support plans
- Experience of auditing and monitoring
- Experience of communicating with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to demonstrate a confident approach and to remain calm under pressure
- Demonstrates a person-centred approach
What we can offer you:
- Comprehensive induction
- Regular supervision and support
- Ongoing training and development
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Social events program
- 28 days annual leave
- Free parking onsite
Salary: £19,207.50 per annum
Allocation of time as follows:
1/3 Team Leader admin, 1/3 Team Leader on shift, 1/3 ILH admin
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
Consideration will also be given to applications made for part-time or flexible working hours.
An enhanced DBS is required - costs will be met by the employer.
Closing Date: Friday 16th October at 9:00am
Interview Date: Tuesday 20th October and Wednesday 21st October
**Please note face to face interviews are subject to COVID19 Health & Safety guidance and safety measures will be in place**
For more information about our service visit our website at www.s4il.co.uk.
For more information or an application pack please email HR on email@example.com or telephone on 01568 616653. Informal enquires welcome.
All disabled people who meet the essential requirements are guaranteed an interview. An enhanced DBS is required. Disclosure costs will be met by the employer.
SIL is a member of the Armed Forces Covenant and will interview all veterans and family members of service personnel who meet the essential requirements.