|Hours||35 per week (overtime available)|
|Closing date||31 Aug 2021|
Team Leader (Independent Living at Home)
We are pleased to announce that we currently have a unique opportunity for a self-starting individual to come and join our team in the role of in-house Team Leader. This is an excellent opportunity to develop line management experience and gain skills managing a small team.
This role requires a degree of flexibility, initiative and the ability to work unsupervised on a day to day basis. Key responsibilities include signposting people to information and advice, delivery of Service Users support plans and day to day management of a team.
You will also get to work in an environment that promotes both personal and professional development, supports wellness in the workplace and a good work life balance. Please feel free to visit our social media channels (Facebook and Twitter) and visit the COVID hub on our website to see how we are continuing to support our employees and Service Users through COVID-19.
- To develop, monitor and review support plans for individuals receiving support from the IL@H
- To assist service users to plan their desired outcomes and facilitate the implementation of their plans. This includes supporting a team approach to allocating specific responsibilities to team members and monitoring implementation.
- To work with the Registered Manager and Deputy Manager to ensure all support needs / hours are met.
- To plan and implement continuity of on call cover as part of a team
- To ensure that support staff are supervised, appraised and involved in regular team meetings
- Experience of working in the Health and Social Care Sector
- Health & Social Care Diploma Level 2 or equivalent
- Commitment to supporting older and disabled people to have more choice and control over their daily lives.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and File Management. Ability to work with spreadsheets and associated graphics
- Experience of rota planning, risk assessments and support plans
- Experience of auditing and monitoring
- Experience of communicating with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to demonstrate a confident approach and to remain calm under pressure
- Demonstrates a person-centred approach
What we can offer you:
- Comprehensive induction
- Paid company sick pay
- Blue-light card
- Regular supervision and support
- Ongoing training and development
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Social events program
- 28 days annual leave
- Free parking onsite
Salary: £10.39 per hour with earning potential of £25,000 per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week (days and times to be agreed).
There will also be some unsociable hours to meet the needs of service users with direct support hours.
An enhanced DBS is required - costs will be met by the employer.
Closing Date: Tuesday 31st August 2021
Interview Date: TBC
**Please note face to face interviews are subject to COVID19 Health & Safety guidance and safety measures will be in place**
For more information about our service visit our website at www.s4il.co.uk.
For more information or an application pack please email HR on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01568 616653.
All disabled people who meet the essential requirements are guaranteed an interview. An enhanced DBS is required. Disclosure costs will be met by the employer.
SIL is a member of the Armed Forces Covenant and will interview all veterans and family members of service personnel who meet the essential requirements.