We're delighted that you are interested in becoming a SIL Trustee. Please get in touch in you have any more questions after reading this page.
What is involved?
- Ability to attend at least one meeting a month lasting around 2.5 hours
- Willingness to prepare for meetings by reading documents as required
- To use your knowledge and skills by speaking up in meetings
- Willingness to participate in training
SIL needs people who can offer two or more of the following:
- Lived experience of disability or as a family carer
- Experience of health or social services policy / planning
- Commitment to the vision and values of SIL
- Financial / Management / Quality / Strategy / Personnel knowledge & skills
- Acquire new skills and knowledge
- Travel expenses paid
- Pride in supporting your local User Led Organisation acting on behalf of disabled people
Find out more without commitment:
- Talk to trustees and / or the Chief Executive
- Read the Charity Commission guidance ‘The Essential Trustee’
- Attend a board meeting as an observer
If you wish to become a trustee (Director) you will need an existing trustee to propose you and then you may complete the Trustee Nomination form below.
For more information please call us on 01568 616653 or email: email@example.com