- Herefordshire Mental Health & Learning Disability Service (24/7 Urgent NHS Mental Health Helpline) - 01905 681915
- HMMH (Hereford Men's Mental Health Group) - 07432 019404
- Herefordshire Mind - 01432 271643
- Herefordshire Samaritans - 0330 094 5717
- CarerLinks - Crossroads together offers support, health, wellbeing, advocacy and signposting advice aswell as support with applications.
- Herefordshire Council Talk Community COVID response line Tel: 01432 260027 Email address, firstname.lastname@example.org
Countywide If you are struggling to cope, worried about how you will manage during the lockdown or are self-isolating and have nobody to help you, the Covid-19 Response Team can help to arrange support, either for yourself or on behalf of someone you know
National Free Helplines
- NHS Direct - 111
- Samaritans - 116 123
- Victim Support - 0808 168 9111
- National Domestic Abuse Helpline - 0808 2000 247
- Rape Crisis - 0808 802 9999
- Refuge (Domestic Abuse Helpline) - 0808 2000 247
- CALM (Campaign against living Miserably) For Man ages 15-35 - 0800 58 58 58
- PAPYRUS (Young Suicide Prevention Society) - 0800 068 4141
- Marie Curie Support Line - 0800 090 2309
- The Silver Line (Info, Friendship & Advice to Older People ) - 0800 470 8090
- Childline - (NSPCC for Children) - 0800 11 11
- NSPCC for adults concerned about a child - 0808 800 5000
- Young Minds (For Parents) - 0808 820 5544
- The Mix (Help for Mental Issues for Under 25's) - 0808 808 4994
- Cruse Bereavement Care - 0808 808 1677
- NHS bereavement helpline on 0800 2600 400
- Grief Encounter - 0808 802 0111
- Blue Cross for Pets ( Pet Bereavement Support Service) 0800 096 66606
- Alcoholics Anonymous - 0808 917 7650
- National Gambling Helpline - 0808 8020 133
- National Debt Line - 0808 808 4000
- Christians Against Poverty (CAP)Debt Help Service during COVID-19 helpline) - 0800 328 0006.
- Carers Trust South East Wales (emergency grants scheme for unpaid carers) -
- British Red Cross (national support line ) 0808 196 3651.
- NHS Volunteer Responders - To arrange support for yourself or someone you know call 0808 196 3646 (8am to 8pm, 7 days a week). The NHS Volunteer Responders service will continue until at least March 2021. Volunteer Support Help people in England to stay safe during COVID-19. volunteers help people: avoid busy places by collecting their shopping, medicines and other important items have regular contact with other people by making regular friendly phone calls get to medical appointments by giving lifts - can help anyone who lives in England and who needs to self-isolate for any reason. can also help people who choose to stay at home as much as possible because they are cautious about going out during the COVID-19 outbreak due to health or care needs.
- Telephone befriending services:
Independent Age Telephone Befriending Service- 0800 319 6789
Independent Age Telephone Befriending is a free confidential befriending service which matches customers to a volunteer that has similar likes and interests and usually (depending on the customer’s requirements) offers one 30 minute friendship call a week. As initial assessment is carried out, then the Friendship Team make call the customer back to make arrangements.
- The Silver Line - 0800 4 70 80 90
Silver Line is the only free confidential telephone helpline offering information, friendship and advice to older
people in the United Kingdom that's available 24 hours a day.Please check with providers for details: