Keeping your accounts up to date
The Payroll and Financial Administration team have years of experience and can offer a fast, accurate and reliable service which will take the pressure off individuals.
Receiving direct payments or a personal health budget will put you in control of your care but it brings other responsibilities which aren’t so appealing. You will also need to account for the money, report back to the local authority or funding body and ensure the bills are paid. Our team can support you with this, we offer two options;
taking the stress out of accounting for where the money goes…
- You hold the funding in your own separate bank account.
- You pay the bills and invoices for the services you receive.
- SIL completes the income and expenditure forms for monitoring reports required by your funding body or LA. We will complete these from monthly bank statements, Direct Payment/Personal Budget remittance advice and any payments or receipts which relate to your direct payment.
- You will need to provide us with these items.
offering the opportunity for those not wishing to hold the funds to still have the benefit and control of your own care through a direct payment/ personal health budget…
- SIL can hold the funding on your behalf
- We will pay all invoices relating to your direct payment/personal health budget
- We complete any necessary reports for your funding body and liaise with them on your behalf
Where appropriate we can adapt these services to ensure that you gain as much or as little support that you require to achieve your independence.
Benefits of our Bookkeeping Service
- As little or as much assistance as you need to manage the financial aspects of having a direct payment or personal health budget
- A free initial meeting to discuss your requirements.
- Confidentiality and discretion
- Friendly and helpful team
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Competitive charges
- Follow up meetings as and when required to be tailored to individual needs
- A high level of support offered to individuals to develop their knowledge and confidence in the use of their Direct Payments.
- Service users are given legal and appropriate advice in line with the Department of Health (DOH) DP guidance and the Local Authority’s policies and procedures.
By supporting service users we are able to help them liaise with social workers and financial monitoring officers in the local authority and discuss their concerns or queries. We can support individuals to learn how to manage their own account and move away from using the service with an agreed plan.
For full details of our charges click here
Once you let us know that you would like to sign up to our service an advisor will book to visit you in your home and go through the sign-up process with you and complete some paperwork. The paperwork will cover information about you, get your signed permission to act on your behalf with the Local Authority or funding body and some official forms that give us permission to pay your Direct Payment or personal health budget into our client accounts and a contract between us and you.
We will help you liaise with social workers and financial monitoring officers in the local authority to discuss any concerns or queries.
So that we can understand your Direct Payment we will ask you for a copy of your support plan and any financial assessment for your personal contribution. By having access to your support plan we can advise you (on request) what funds you have available in certain areas and give you support to help you budget your funds.
Contact us on 01568 616653 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up or for more information.
You should provide the us with any information necessary to complete the income and expenditure sheets; this may differ depending on your Local Authority requirements. We will need the following:
- Details of cheques written
- Bank statements, showing personal contributions and incoming funds from the Local Authority.
- Any invoices or receipts relating to your direct payment
- Employee travel expense sheets
- Receipts for any purchases or entrance fees related to your Direct Payment
- Direct Payment Remittance Advice
On receipt of the required documentation, we will complete and reconcile the income and expenditure forms to the bank statement for submission to the Direct Payment Monitoring Officer (DPMO) at your Local Authority or Financial monitoring officer at the relevant funding body.