Help to employ your own care staff
For some people the greatest benefit of receiving a Direct payment or Personal Health Budget is that they can employ their own staff, they may be someone they already know or just to have guaranteed consistency in the person or team providing their care.
Becoming an employer comes with a whole range of responsibilities which needn’t daunt you if you think you would like to do so. SIL offers a monthly Direct Payment Support Service Contract which helps with includes the following services:
- Employment law advice and guidance
- Recruitment Support (Developing job descriptions, advertising, interviewing)
- Support with employment contracts and DBS checks
- Identifying training for Personal Assistants
- Support with grievances and disciplinary action
- Support to set up employers' liability insurance
- Health and Safety advice
- Access to detailed guidance and factsheets relating to Direct Payments
- We provide all new employers with a ‘Guide to Employing your PA’
- Regular SIL Bulletin highlighting changes in legislation and topics that are relevant to people receiving Direct Payments
- An annual review
Our Direct Payment Advisors have many years of experience working with people who receive Direct Payments. Their extensive knowledge means that they can provide professional advice and guidance quickly and effectively, helping you to get the best from your Direct Payment and support you as an employer. Giving you the right advice to keep you safe when recruiting your own staff.
We offer coaching and support to develop your skills and confidence in relation to employing your own staff and managing your Direct Payment.
In order to help reduce the challenges faced for the person receiving a Direct Payment, we also offer the Bookkeeping Service and Payroll services to support people with the requirements of employing staff and managing their Direct Payment.
If you are thinking about taking, or have been accepted for a Direct Payment please feel free to contact us to discuss your requirements. 01568 616653 or contact us