SIL provide all Direct Payment Support Services in Torfaen under a contract with Torfaen Borough Council. This means the following services are provided to you free of charge if you receive a Direct Payment for your social care needs from Torfaen Borough Council:
Initial support and advice to people prior to them agreeing to take a Direct Payment. This is usually a face to face meeting and includes making people aware of:
- Their options for managing their Direct Payment
- The benefits of employing staff directly or using an agency
- The responsibilities involved in employing staff directly
- Legal requirements
- The need for contingency planning
- Monitoring requirements
- Other support available (Payroll services, Bookkeeping services, Managed Accounts, Advocacy)
Once someone has agreed to take a Direct Payment SIL provides the following services:
- Employment advice and guidance
- Employment law
- Identifying Training for Personal Assistants
- Support with grievances and disciplinary action
- Support to set up employers liability insurance (Premiere Care have introduced a new insurance product specifically aimed at people employing staff under PHB direct payments)
- Health and Safety advice
- Administration for DBS Checks
In order to help reduce the challenges faced for the person receiving a Direct Payment, we also offer the Financial Administration and Payroll services to support people with the requirements of employing staff and managing their Direct Payment. (Click on the links above or the menu bar for more information).
If you are thinking about taking, or have been accepted for a Direct Payment please feel free to contact us to discuss your requirements.
Once you have decided that SIL can provide the type of support you need, one of our highly experienced advisors can support your though the set-up of your direct payment in clear and easily understandable steps, whether you are using an agency, employing Personal Assistants or buying equipment. Their support is to enable you to manage your direct payment as independently as possible giving you the appropriate guidance and templates to self-manage your funds.
We will then offer ongoing staff recruitment and management support as part of our popular monthly contract.
Our Torfaen office can be contacted directly at:-
Services for Independent Living
Unit 3 Llantarnam Business Park
Tel: 01633 877908
Click on the link to the left of this page to see the financial support services costs in Torfaen.