Services For Independent Living is a Herefordshire based charity whose Independent Living at Home service works with you to meet your needs, selecting support workers who best fit your lifestyle. We operate a thorough recruitment process selecting support workers for their enthusiasm and commitment to the rights and choices of individuals.
Who is the service for?
- People with learning difficulties or autistic spectrum disorders
- People with physical impairments or health care needs such as Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's Disease or brain injury
- People with dementia
- Anyone who requires support to live at home
What services are available?
We provide reliable and experienced staff to enable people to maintain their independence and live at home safely and independently. Our services include:
- One to one, 24 hours, 7 days a week support
- Palliative care
- Dementia care
- Assistance to access education, training and employment and social activities
- Personal care - e.g. catheter care, healthcare, oxygen facilitation
- Practical support with daily tasks, paying bills and maintaining a home
What happens next?
We offer a FREE, no obligation, home visit to discuss your needs
Our first meeting is about listening to you to ensure that we understand your requirements. We will talk to you about costs and sources of funding and discuss with you how we will arrange your support.
Once you decide to proceed we will assign a Team Leader who will:
- Create a person centered care plan and assessment
- Cost the plan
- Recruit a team of staff (you are involved in selection)
- Train staff to meet your specific requirements
- Commence service
Regular reviews ensure that we continue to provide high quality support which can be adjusted as your needs or personal goals change.
Having control and the freedom to choose what to do has really changed my life
Being able to keep my independence has been brilliant, thank you SIL