Services for Independent Living (SIL) is a user led organisation which operates a number of services including Independent Living @ Home (IL@H). IL@H is registered with the Care Quality Commission.
1. Aims and Objectives of Service
IL@H supports people to maintain their independence and to live in their own homes and communities. The service is aimed at people with learning difficulties, physical impairments, mental health needs, older people with high support needs and people with multiple impairments. IL@H enables service users to lead an individual lifestyle.
2. Nature of services provided
- Individually designed support service meet Service Users’ needs over a full 24 hour period or for shorter periods of time during the day or week
- Dedicated and consistent teams of Support Workers lead by Team Leaders who maintain regular contact to supervise each team and enable the Service User to participate in their own support arrangements
- 24 hour back up and On Call Support
- Training for support workers that emphasises the rights and choices of individuals
3. Name and address of registered provider
Registered Manager: Val Javens, Services for Independent Living
Unit 1, Owen Way, Leominster Enterprise Park, Herefordshire HR6 OLA
The role of the Care Quality Commission (CQC) is to ensure good standards of practice and to safeguard the welfare of Service Users. If you have any complaint about the service, please refer to the SIL Complaints Procedure or contact the CQC regional office.
To contact the Regional CQC office telephone: 03000 616161
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org