I am a female wheelchair user in my twenties who lives at home in Hereford.
I have a condition that means I need PA’s to assist me with everyday tasks.
I need a reliable, patient flexible PA with similar interests to me and someone with a good sense of humour
Completed application forms and CV’s can be emailed to PA-Recruitment@s4il.co.uk Please indicate which vacancy you wish to apply for.
· On a day to day basis I may require support with small aspects of my personal care. However if you support me when I go swimming I will need more support with dressing etc.
· Washing and ironing of clothes on a weekly basis. Assisting with house work
· I would need you to help me out of my vehicle and load and unload wheelchair, bags etc.
Preparation and cooking of some meals
· To assist me with menus and cooking of health meals ensuring that the kitchen is left clean and tidy.
Hobbies and social activities
· Supporting me to continue doing what I enjoy.
Supporting me at various events
· Going swimming with me at the Hydrotherapy at least once a month and attending the gym at least once a week.
· There will be times when you need to use your own vehicle to take me out and about – you will need to ensure that the vehicle is in a roadworthy condition and that you have Business Use insurance
You will need basic maths and literacy knowledge, basic IT skills will also be an advantage. Previous experience of similar work is desirable but not essential, as I will make sure you get the training you need.
You will have basic cookery skills and be willing to attend any training needed e.g., first aid, manual handling etc.
You must be able to understand the importance of confidentiality, be patient, calm, be a good communicator and have a good sense of humour.
A good attitude to independence is important to understand a disabled person and their choices.
Teamwork is important as well as being able to work on your own initiative, and have some flexibility to allow for holiday or sickness cover.
You will need to be a car driver/owner and be physically fit enough to undertake any manual handling needed.
About Direct Payments
Direct payments are available from Local Authorities for people who have a care and support plan in place following a social care assessment. An amount of money is allocated to purchase the assistance and care needed to live independently.
I should stress that I will be your employer and have full responsibility for recruitment, contracts, supervision, pay, training etc. A support service assists me in meeting my responsibilities as an employer.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £9.50 per hour