Care and Support Assistants – GJ

2 Care and Support Assistants needed in Burghill to support a 16 year old girl with global developmental delay.

I need 2:1 support to help me with activities and to make sure I am safe when out and about.

My family are from Poland so if you are a Polish speaker that is a big plus.

6 hours termtime and 20 hours school holidays.

Completed application forms and CV’s can be emailed to  Please indicate which vacancy you wish to apply for.

Personal Assistant to Disabled Employer


Salary                 £9.50.

Location             Burghill

Hours                  6 hours in term time, 20 hours in the holiday.


About Me

I’m a 16 year old girl and I live with my family in Burghill. I have global developmental delay and am nonverbal. I like swimming, going for walks and the park.  When at home I like to go on the computer and make videos on the mobile phone.  In addition to this I like to be in the garden playing on the trampoline.

Job details

  • You would be helping me with pads when I can’t get to the toilet in time..
  • The rest of the support will be to go with me swimming to the leisure pool and to places like the park.
  • You will need to keep me safe at all times.  You must hold on to my hand with a firm grip as I can break away and run off.
  • I can also approach strangers as I do not have a concept of danger.

About You

Previous experience of similar work is essential.

You must be able to communicate in a direct manner but remain patient and calm at all times.

You must be able to understand the importance of confidentiality.

A good attitude to independence is important to understand a disabled person and their choices

Team work is important as well as being able to work on your own initiative, and have some flexibility to allow for holiday or sickness cover. 

You will need to be a car driver/owner.

About Direct Payments

Direct payments are available from Local Authorities for people who have a care and support plan in place following a social care assessment. An amount of money is allocated to purchase the assistance and care needed to live independently.

I should stress that my Mum will be your employer and have full responsibility for recruitment, contracts, supervision, pay, training etc.  A support service assists her in meeting her responsibilities as an employer.

Skip to content