Care for others, Make a difference.
Working in adult social care, you can make a real difference to peoples lives every day.
Services for Independent Living (SIL) is a not for profit organisation, with a Board made up of over 51% being disabled or a family carer. SIL’s aim is to provide a comprehensive range of services that support people to live independently within their own home and community.
Based in Herefordshire SIL is looking for an experienced admin assistant to work as part of a highly efficient team. This is an important role within SIL, reporting directly to the ILH management. The role requires a high degree of flexibility, initiative, and the ability to work unsupervised on a day-to-day basis.
The ILH Admin Assistant will provide support across the organisation through a wide range of both administrative and front-line service delivery to facilitate the efficient operation of the organisation.
The duties of the role are, but not limited to:
- Assisting Team Leaders to plan and maintain Support Workers rotas to ensure a safe service 365 days a year using a bespoke rostering software programme
- Be proactive in the development and growth of the business.
- Plan, implement and be part of the service on call team
- Provide administrative support to ILH management
- Update and maintain all ILH databases, collating all information as directed by ILH Management
- Preparing and supporting with monthly reporting, auditing, and archiving
- Finance; to include invoicing, purchase orders, contracts and supporting management with payroll preparation
- Communication; providing a professional first point of contact (both verbally and in writing) for prospective new Service Users. Liaising with team members, external agencies, and service users as necessary
- Work as part of SIL to provide an efficient and effective service for vulnerable people and their families
You will get to work in an environment that promotes both personal and professional development and supports wellness in the workplace.
Full driving licence and access to a car is preferred.
What we can offer you:
- A competitive salary of £9.90 to £10.96 per hour (dependant on experience)
- Comprehensive Induction and continued learning and development opportunities
- Enhanced family friendly benefits to include Maternity, Paternity and adoption pay
- Blue light Membership discount card
- Paid company sick pay
- 28 days Annual Leave that increases with length of service
- Company mobile phone provided
- DBS will be paid for by the employer
- Blended mix of office working and working from home
The closing date for applications is 12noon Friday 28th January 2022