We are looking someone to join our dynamic Senior Management Team to help drive growth, whilst maintaining and developing a supportive and engaging workplace culture.
What is the role?
The HR Manager post is a strategic post within SIL and is key to fulfilling SIL’s strategic objectives.
The HR Manager is responsible for:
- Promoting and maintaining the highest standards of HR management to maximize the recruitment and retention of staff across the organisation and thereby supporting SIL’s strategic objective to grow.
- Drafting and implementing an annual HR operational plan aligned to SIL’s strategic objectives.
- The development, updating and implementation of personnel policies and procedures in line with legal requirements and developments, and the cascading of knowledge to all personnel.
- Update own knowledge and liaise with the employment law advice service in order to provide HR advice to Managers.
Find out more about SIL https://www.s4il.co.uk/about-us/videos/
For the full job description continue to Downloads
In return we will give you:
- Salary £36,835 (£22,101.30 pro rata)
- Career Progression through continued learning and development opportunities
- Enhanced family friendly benefits to include Maternity, Paternity and adoption pay
- Paid Blue light discount scheme membership
- Paid company sick pay
- Paid DBS
- Regular supervision and support
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Social events program – Christmas Hampers, Quizzes, Raffles
- Free parking onsite at office
- Free tea and coffee in office
- Pension scheme
- Charitable events
- Regular salary reviews
- Monthly staff newsletter
- Friendly modern office environment (role dependent)
- 28 days Annual leave that increases with length of service
- For the complete list of benefits go to: https://www.s4il.co.uk/vacancies/what-we-can-offer-you-2/
You will get to work in an environment that promotes both personal and professional development, supports wellness in the workplace and a good work life balance.
When and Where?
22.5 hours per week. Blended home remote and office based working at SIL HQ in Leominster Occasional additional travel will be required to staff and service user homes, for meetings and events.
What are we looking for?
Are you a self-motivated professional with a minimum of a level 5 CIPD qualification, do you have excellent interpersonal skills backed by a sound knowledge of employment law and best practice? If so, you could be the person we are looking for.
See the job description and person specification for the full list.
How do I apply?
For more information or to apply you can contact us in the following ways:
- Submit your CV and covering letter to demonstrate your suitability for the role to jobs@S4il.co.uk, please include the Equal Opportunities form found in downloads.
- Call Euan McPherson, Chief Executive Officer, on email@example.com or 07432 019404 for an informal conversation about the role and what the organisation can offer you;
- Alternatively contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01568 616653 for an application pack.
Deadline for application 5pm Friday 20th May.
Please note face to face interviews are subject to COVID19 Health & Safety guidance and safety measures will be in place.
Equality & Diversity
SIL is a member of the Armed Forces Covenant and will interview all veterans and family members of service personnel who meet the essential requirements. Read more about how we live up to our commitment: Armed Forces Covenant.
We are also a Disability Confident Leader; as such we will:
- Interview applicants with a disability who meet the essential requirements on a person specification
- Providing an inclusive and accessible recruitment process
- Making reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process so disabled job applicants have the best opportunity to demonstrate that they can do the job
Read more about how we live up to our commitment: Disability Confident Leader
More about SIL
If you would like to learn more about our services, the work we do and what it’s like to work for SIL please take a look at our videos or find us on facebook
Job Description and Person Specification