SIL is a service user led, ‘not for profit’, organisation providing services that enable older and disabled people to live independently and access the community. We are passionate about the work we undertake but also realise that it’s our people who have built our business and reputation and that we will only maintain our position through continuing to recruit and retain talented, motivated and passionate people.
If you choose to come and work with us, we can offer:
- Comprehensive induction
- Regular supervision and support
- Company sick pay scheme
- Ongoing training and development
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Social events program
- 28 days annual leave with additional days for long service
- Free parking onsite
- Free tea and coffee in office
- Pension scheme
- Charitable events
- Regular salary reviews
- Monthly staff newsletter
- Friendly modern office environment (role dependent)
In addition to these key benefits the way we work is influenced by Our guiding principles:
- Partnership working with individuals, groups and organisations to share knowledge and improve outcomes for disabled people.
- Respect for all
- Innovation adapting efficiently and effectively to change and embracing new technology
- Diversity to be accepting of all people, both within and outside SIL
- Equality for all
- Strength-based maximising ability and not being constrained by disability
These principles are realised in our achieving the following awards:
Disability Confident Leader
We are an accredited Disability confident leader encouraging employers to think differently about disability and take action to improve how they recruit, retain and develop disabled people.
In all our recruitment and employment we strive to:
- increase understanding of disability
- remove barriers to disabled people and those with long-term health conditions
- ensure that disabled people have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations
Armed Forces Covenant Bronze Award 2020
SIL is delighted to pledge its support and sign up to the Armed Forces Covenant.
To become part of the Covenant SIL has pledged to uphold the key principles, which include holding fast to the principle that no member of the Armed Forces Community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen.
SIL has pledged to support the employment of Service spouses and partners; to support the employment of veterans young and old; to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment; and supporting employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces. Find out more here.