- Make new contacts and friends
- Improve personal networks
- Develop new skills
- Improve career prospects
- Get involved in the local community
- Make a difference to social care delivery
- Have fun!
Active User Participation is encouraged and supported by SIL and Service users regularly volunteer for us in the following ways:
- Being a trustee
- Making short films
- Peer support and mentoring
- Interviewing as a panel member
- Writing articles for our newsletter
- Delivering training
Becoming a Trustee
SIL is always interested in hearing from people who might like to become a SIL trustee. Please contact us using the contact form if you would like to find out more.
We support people who are looking to get into or return to the workplace and would like some practical experience. We have had many success stories where individuals have gone on to secure employment having increased their experience.
Click here to see what some of our volunteers have said about their experiences with us:
If you would like to discuss what volunteering opportunities might suit you, please ring Gemma on 01568 616653 or email email@example.com
Photos by Barry Tweed-Rycroft